- This Policy forms part of the Customer Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
- This Policy covers returns, refunds and exchanges. If you wish to return an item under Warranty, please go to the Warranty section.
You may return any product within 14 days of purchase from the TechMarkit Website if:
- you’ve changed your mind;
- you purchased the wrong item;
- the TechMarkit product has a technical fault; or
- you have concerns about the quality of the product (the “Returned Product”).
- A product cannot be returned if:
- There are any physical alterations.
- Accidental damage has occurred.
- There is evidence of abuse, negligence or user tampering/error.
- Lightning, water or infestation damage is evident.
- Liquid damage, cracked screens or visible signs of the unit having been dropped or damaged.
- Incorrect or incompatible components such as the power cord, charger or factory-fitted plug are used with the product you purchased from TechMarkit.
Incorrect online purchases, exchange or unwanted post-purchase products:
You can return an unwanted product to TechMarkit WITHIN 14 days, if any of the following apply:
- A new item is unopened, undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- A Pre-Owned product is in the packaging it was sent to you in, and which is undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable);
- The product is not missing any accessories or parts;
- Cancellation is done during the “cooling off” period of seven (7) days after responding to direct marketing;
- You return the product to TechMarkit, together with the invoice you received, by logging a return WITHIN 14 days of delivery to you, or collection by you, of the unwanted product. Use the Return, Refund & Exchange Form you will find by clicking on the 'Help' button located at the bottom right of your web page (or the Question Mark icon for cellphone users).
- AFTER 14 days, you can only return a product if it is defective in line with Section 44 of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA), meaning you can return it for your choice of repair or replacement within the first 6 (six) months of purchase and in line with our Returns Policy.
- All Returned Products are subject to inspection by TechMarkit prior to a refund or an exchange. Once we have examined the Returned Product, assessed it in line with this Policy and validated your claim, we will refund you using the same card or method used to pay for the product, within 10-14 working days of the return being received at our warehouse or retail store.
- If you have requested a refund or return and no fault is found, or the reported fault is a direct result of a software issue and which can be rectified, TechMarkit will take the necessary steps to rectify the fault and return your product to you in good working order.
- You may also elect to exchange a Returned Product for another product (the “Exchange Product”) that is of the same value as the Returned Product. If the price of the Returned Product is less than that of the Exchange product, you will be liable to pay the cash difference between the two products. If the price of the Returned Product is more than that of the Exchange product, TechMarkit will refund the balance to your card or original method of payment used on the original invoice. The value of the returned product is subject to point 6 hereafter.
- TechMarkit may charge you a handling fee of up to 20% (twenty percent) if the packaging is opened, damaged or tampered with, or if the product or any components are missing or not in their original condition when sold to you. If any items are missing from the returned package, you may be charged for the additional value.
- Unsealed software products, software subscriptions, electronic software downloads and electronic voucher downloads, gift cards and in-ear products may not be returned nor are they eligible for refunds.
- If you want TechMarkit to collect the Returned Product from you, please make sure to fill in the returns form. Read the instructions on how to do this at the bottom of this page, 'How to Process a Return'.
- TechMarkit may charge a fee of R100 to facilitate the collection on the Returned Product. This is applicable to purchases made online, but not if the product is deemed to be faulty.
- In the event that you elect to return the goods yourself, you are liable for the relevant in-transit insurance cover.
- Software products cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Products damaged on delivery
- Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery, please notify TechMarkit within 7 days of such delivery. All notifications can be directed to TechMarkit Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we have inspected the product and validated your claim, we will, at your choice, repair or replace the product as soon as possible, or refund you using the same payment method for the purchase.
- All brand-new TechMarkit products are covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty. All Pre-Owned products carry a 6-month TechMarkit Warranty. If you have a faulty product, you can use the Warranty form which you will find by clicking and the black & white 'Help' button located at the bottom right of your web page (or the Question Mark icon for mobile users).
- If any TechMarkit product is found to be tampered with, the Warranty will be void. Liquid damage, cracked screens or visible signs of unit been dropped or damaged are not covered by the Warranty. Read more under Warranty.
- All Returned Products are subject to inspection by TechMarkit prior to a refund or an exchange. Once we have examined the Returned Product, assessed it in line with this Policy and validated your claim, we will refund you using the same card or method used to pay for the product, within 10-14 working days of the return being received at our warehouse.
- TechMarkit will only issue a refund or transaction reversal following inspection of the returned product and applying the form of payment that was initially used to purchase the product(s) online.
- Any software purchased and/or downloaded is not subject to a refund.
- Refunds may take between 10-14 working days to process.
- TechMarkit will not be liable for any bank charges, taxes, interest and/or any other fees that may be levied against you for the refund.
- If you wish to request a Refund, please see the instructions below.
How to process a Return
To process a return, refund or exchange send an email to email@example.com with your request and we will advise the steps that you will need to follow.
Alternatively, click on the black & white 'Help' button located at the bottom right of your web page (or the Question Mark icon for cellphone users) and use the 'Return, Refund & Exchange' form.