Who we are
TechMarkit (Pty) Ltd is a registered company (Reg. No. K2014/274963/07), a VAT vendor and is enrolled as a second-hand goods dealer/recycler in terms of Sections 3, 13 and 25 of the Second-Hand Goods Act, 2009 (Act no 06 of 2009).
Our company details are:
TechMarkit (Pty) Ltd
163 Empire Place
Definition of Personal Information
According to the POPI Act ‘‘Personal Information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information, including email address;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we use your information
We require personal information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website for the first time, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you are happy to receive marketing communication from TechMarkit.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may disclose your information as follows:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Personal Information Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Access to your Personal Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Protection of Personal Information Act 2020. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correction of your Personal Information
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes we may have made to this notice from the last time you viewed this content. When we do make changes, we will also revise the "last updated" date.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, or email, us as soon as possible, at the address in Point 8 above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Retention of personal data
TechMarkit will retain your data in compliance with the POPI Act and in compliance with other applicable legislation.
Automated Decision Making
TechMarkit does not use Automated Decision Making in connection with your personal data.
Right to object
In terms of the POPI Act (POPIA) section 18 (h) (iv) you have the right to object to the processing of personal information as referred to in section 11(3) of the POPIA.
Right to lodge a complaint
In terms of the POPIA section 18 (h) (v) you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator (South Africa) (IRSA). The IRSA contact details are: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
PO Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Mr Marks Thibela
Chief Executive Officer
Tel No. +27 (0) 10 023 5207, Cell No. +27 (0) 82 746 4173
Changes to this notice
Please note that we may amend this notice from time to time. Please check our website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in August 2021.